Unleash Customer Insights with GA4!
Business owners need to know about their customers in order to provide the best products and services. Using a free tool that can help you understand your customers’ behaviors and interactions with your website and app is a great way to get that information and help your business grow.
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is the latest version of Google Analytics (replacing UA) and provides rich behavioral data, enhanced privacy, simplified tracking, and insights you can make work for you, all in one place. GA4 is designed to be accessible even for those who aren’t very analytics-savvy and can provide great information to help you improve your marketing and meet customers where they are.
Google Analytics 4 is a free and powerful analytics tool that helps you understand how your website and apps are performing including:
- Who is visiting your site and where they are from. Learn how users found your site, where they are located in the world, how they are finding you (Organic searches, Social Media, Email, Paid search, etc.), and what languages they speak.
- How visitors are engaging with your site. See what actions users take on your site, like submitting forms or making online purchases.
- When engagement took place. Track activity over weeks or months, and compare performance month over month, or year over year.
Google Analytics 4 (GA4) is important because it represents the next generation of Google Analytics with:
- More powerful data collection. These include page views, clicks, add to the shopping cart, online purchases, video play, and form submissions.
- Cross-device tracking. Allows user interactions between mobile, tablet, and desktop to be woven together for a full picture of the customer journey.
- Enhanced privacy controls. Provides greater control over data collection to comply with privacy regulations.
As well as…
- Predictive capabilities. Uses Google’s AI function to predict user behavior in the future, including purchase probability, ongoing site engagement, and anticipated revenue generation by individual customers.
- New dashboard. A streamlined and customizable dashboard for easier navigation and access to information.
- Direct integration to media platforms. Integration with platforms like Google Ads lets you better understand your customers by tracking interactions, like clicking on ads and conversions.
GA4 also takes some of the guesswork out of analytics and reporting through:
- Seamless integrations. Designed to work with products like Google Search Console, to monitor organic website traffic, helping to optimize ranking and make informed decisions.
- Automated reporting. Includes automated insights, alerts, and reports that don’t require manual configuration. This makes analysis easier for less analytics-savvy users.
- Scalability. It is built to handle increasing amounts of user data being collected today and will grow with your business.
FUNNEL EXPLORATION REPORT
GA4 is better than the previous version, Universal Analytics (UA) in a few important ways:
- Improved and more robust data collection.
- Enhanced privacy through IP anonymization and control over data retention.
- Easier set-up and implementation.
- More automated reporting with built-in, customizable dashboards and consolidated reporting across devices