7 Real-World Examples of AI in Marketing
Marketing is a constantly evolving field. There’s no denying that traditional marketing techniques still have their place and are essential, but it’s undeniable that if you want to stay ahead of the curve in 2023 and beyond, AI needs to be part of your strategy. By leveraging the power of artificial intelligence (AI), business owners can gain insights into customer behavior and create more tailored campaigns. To help you get started with this cutting-edge technology for your marketing efforts, here are 7 ways you can use AI in your approach — read on to find out more!
What is AI in Marketing?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is one of the most powerful tools available to marketers today. AI is a broad term encompassing any computer system capable of performing tasks typically requiring human intelligence, like image recognition and natural language processing. Business owners can use it in hundreds of ways – from automation to content marketing, customer segmentation to predictive analytics –allowing businesses to understand their customers and their businesses better.
How does AI help marketers?
AI-powered automation tools have revolutionized marketers’ jobs by streamlining and automating processes, minimizing human intervention, and optimizing results. AI in marketing has seemingly infinite uses—personalized messages to be sent at scale, quickly, and cost-effectively, creating a seamless customer experience. In marketing, AI is also a great way to power through writer’s block.
Real-life Examples of AI in Marketing
Overall, AI has made an enormous contribution to the marketing industry. Automating processes and providing insights into customers’ behavior patterns have given businesses a strategic advantage—AI is indispensable for marketers looking for competitive advantage in today’s rapidly changing landscape. Here are 7 examples of AI in marketing in 2023.
AI is bringing the power of customization to customer interactions! Now, businesses can create a one-of-a-kind experience for every individual by leveraging artificial intelligence technology. From increased product recommendations to automated conversations – AI has transformed how we interact with customers and taken personalization strategies to the next level.
Some examples include:
- Netflix uses AI-driven customer profiling to generate more accurate audience segmentation and develop content based on audiences preferences..
- McDonalds is starting to use learning algorithms such as predictive analytics to anticipate customer needs and adjust the digital menu in drive thrus and on the app on a personal level.
AI-generated content is transforming the way businesses and marketers create quality content. Increasingly, advanced AI algorithms can analyze keyword trends and craft well-researched articles that read as if written by human authors, all while minimizing time spent editing and optimizing. Harnessing this powerful technology gives us a more efficient approach to getting unique pieces of copy out into the world!
A few ways to use AI in marketing content include:
- Microsoft used AI to generate blog posts with natural language processing and machine learning algorithms, resulting in content that is more relevant and engaging to readers.
- Dell integrated AI algorithms into their content creation process to add more sophisticated language and dynamic variation for higher engagement with readers.
- Uber: Used AI writing tools to create keyword-rich blog content for search engine optimization (SEO).
Forget the days of slicing and dicing your email list to get maximum ROI – AI is here, ready to supercharge your marketing campaigns. With next-level intelligence, Artificial Intelligence can now be used strategically in crafting an unbeatable campaign strategy that will put you at the top!
- Airbnb used AI-enabled algorithms to forecast customer needs and serve relevant content, offering discounts and special offers in automated emails.
- MailChimp developed predictive analytics that leverages AI to automatically segment audiences for more relevant emails.
- HubSpot created an AI engine that uses Natural Language Processing (NLP) to craft highly personalized emails based on customer purchase history and preferences.
Social Media AI in Marketing
AI technology can be a powerful tool to help marketers dominate the social media marketing game. Great social content requires careful copywriting. Leverage the power of AI in marketing to craft the perfect social message and make informed decisions on optimizing engagement with potential customers.
- Amazon implemented AI to optimize their targeted ad campaigns using machine learning algorithms. This enabled them to deliver ads more effectively and efficiently to their target audience.
- Netflix used AI-driven algorithms to personalize content recommendations based on user preferences on social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Spotify utilized AI technology to recommend music playlists tailored to a specific user’s listening habits on various social media outlets, including YouTube and Snapchat.
AI revolutionizes how businesses interact with customers by providing automated customer service through interactive chatbots. Say goodbye to time-consuming phone calls and hello to instant gratification. Chatbot technology has opened up a new era of streamlined customer support experience that will set you above your competition.
Here’s how a few prominent companies are using chatbots to better serve customers:
- Burger King created an AI-powered chatbot to provide their customers easy access to nutritional information. The chatbot interacted with customers through natural language processing and allowed them to ask questions about ingredients in Burger King’s products and receive quick, accurate responses.
- Domino’s Pizza launched an AI-powered chatbot that enabled users to order pizza using voice commands. Using natural language processing, the chatbot could understand customer orders and process payments quickly and securely.
- Starbucks designed a conversational AI-based chatbot that answered customer queries and provided product recommendations based on their individual preferences. The chatbot integrated machine learning into its algorithms to ensure its recommendations were tailored to each customer’s needs.
AI is revolutionizing e-commerce. Companies are utilizing this advanced technology to optimize their websites, from improving UX and customer experience to increasing website performance – it’s helping create a more efficient shopping process for everyone involved!
A few ways to use AI in marketing for e-commerce include:
- Walmart utilizes AI learning to anticipate low and out of stock products for online grocery orders, and uses this data to select the next best substitute.
- With the power of AI, Amazon stays ahead of its customers’ needs. It knows exactly why shoppers are searching for specific items and puts together a list which is designed to provide an unbeatable shopping experience that leads to higher conversions!
- eBay is revolutionizing the shopping experience with its cutting-edge AI capabilities. From Find It On eBay to Image Search, and their innovative Facebook Messenger assistant – eBay ShopBot; they’re showing that smarter technology can lead to better customer experiences – and more sales!
Influencer AI in Marketing
AI technology has the potential to help identify influencers more accurately, allowing businesses to target the right people with their campaigns. By analyzing both qualitative and quantitative data, AI can also provide invaluable insights into how effective an influencer marketing campaign is performing.
- Food delivery service DoorDash uses AI technology to identify potential influencers within the restaurant industry. It analyzes data such as engagement rates, followers, and keyword usage to determine who could be a successful influencer for their services.
- L’Oreal uses AI technology to explore conversations around topics related to their product category in order to identify ”trendsetters” on social media. By understanding what content resonates with certain audiences, they can target the best influencers for their campaigns.
- PacSun created their own virtual influencer through AI to promote the brand while also using AI algorithms to detect emerging trends in style and fashion from data-driven sources like Instagram.
Considerations for AI in Marketing
Although AI has and will continue to make marketing more efficient, marketers should keep a few key factors in mind. First, AI is still in its infancy, and grammatical errors, spelling mistakes, and plagiarized content is common. AI output has been heavily lifted from existing content.1 Marketers, especially writers, must put on an editing hat before publishing AI content. Utilizing online tools like the GPT2 Output Detector to catch plagiarism or Grammarly to find grammatical mistakes will help fine-tune your AI content.
Another common issue is fact-checking— or, more importantly, the lack of factual information in AI outputs. Inaccurate content can hurt your business’s reputation and credibility, so take time to fact-check AI in marketing content and add sources when needed.
The Future of AI in Marketing
Continued growth in user-friendly tools has brought AI to the masses, and it’s quickly becoming an essential part of a well-performing marketing strategy—mainly because it makes personalization and fine-tuned data much more accessible. But even the best AI programs need a human element to make them work correctly.
The era of the marketing technologist is upon us, and there’s no turning back. If you want to stay ahead of the curve and remain competitive in today’s market, you need to start thinking about how you can use AI in your marketing strategy. But it’s not enough to be aware of the trend – you must be prepared to act on it. The good news is we can help. At Pierson Media, we’re always ahead of the latest trends in digital marketing, and we know how to use AI technology to create a better user experience for your customers. So if you’re ready to get started with AI-driven marketing, give us a call today. We’ll show you how easy it is to take your brand into the future with cutting-edge marketing techniques that deliver results.
- “How to Come Up With Unlimited Content Ideas [#2337]” Marketing School Podcast https://marketingschool.io/how-to-come-up-with-unlimited-content-ideas-2337-2/